Op woensdag 20, donderdag 21 en vrijdag 22 maart 2013 vindt de 9e editie van SECURA plaats in... Read more...
30 % of the active population is exposed to noise levels exceeding the safe limit of 80 dB(A).
Above 80 dB(A) causes hearing damage and in the longterm, deafness. Other consequences are:
- 1. Stress
- 2. Impaired communication
- 3. Drop in productivity
- 4. Higher risk of accidents
- 5. Reduced quality of life
- 6. Social isolation
- 7. Workers claiming for compensation for occupational deafness
- 8. Expenses for hearing aids
Occupational deafness is one of the top occupational illnesses.